Hi, I'm Stephanie Garr. I help pre-teens look and feel beautiful and confident in who they are.
When I'm not photographing, I'm playing with play dough and baby dolls with my two sweet little girls or enjoying the pitter patter of little feet as they run through the kitchen while I cook. I also enjoy running, playing basketball, and cooking with my husband.
When I was 10 years old, I had the best HORSE game on the playground, or so I thought. It didn't matter if I could make every basket, it only mattered that I was having a great time. I was confident in who I was. I was spunky and full of life. But, by the time I was 13, I had lost that spark and confidence. I was unsure of myself and I didn't want to put myself out there. Where did that sure of herself girl go in just a few short years?
A few years ago I worked with tween and teenaged girls in my church and I was reminded of how challenging that transition from childhood to young adulthood can be. Now that I have two little girls, I often wonder how they will handle their tween years. Navigating the years from childhood to becoming a teenager is tough. I want them to realize their true beauty so that they are confident in themselves before they hit middle and high school.
I spent many years trying to find a piece of that spunky, confident girl I used to be. It is now my goal to help as many tweens as I can to see their remarkable qualities and what makes them awesome, never losing sight of who they are.
Imagine the impact a single beautiful image can do for your tween's self-image.
Find out more about Who I Am sessions or give me a call 804-477-6617, and we will talk more.
Awards and Certifications
- Certified Professional Photographer
- Photographic Masters Degree
- Multi-time Silver Level Photographer of the Year - Professional Photographers of America
- Photographer of the Year - Virginia Professional Photographer's Association
- Multi-time Kodak Gallery Award Winner
- Featured on the cover of Virginia Professional Photographer Magazine
- Featured on the cover of Southern Exposure Magazine
- Featured on the cover of Urge Magazine
- Featured in Work Magazine
- Featured in Richmond Magazine
- Best of Show - Virginia Professional Photographers Association
- Best of Show Illustrative - Southeastern Professional Photographers Association